Thursday, June 21, 2007

the new math

So – I used to be an athlete. Ago…and I have decided that while I may never be an athlete again – I really shouldn’t get tired or winded walking up some stairs (or chasing my dog as she runs down the street after some poor unsuspecting pedestrian)….anyway – I’ve decided to take up running and what not to get myself back to some sort of shape.

I’ve been running 4 miles a day (pats self on back) – which sucks in case you’re curious – im inside on a treadmill staring at a wall…the runing’s not so bad – I’m just board…

Anyway – so last week I went to wal-mart for some reason or another in the middle of the day – after my run – and picked up a king size snickers bar because that’s what I do(did) when I got to stores by myself. For grins I flipped the package over to see how many calories I was about to consume – 170 per serving– hmm that’s not too bad –– 3 servings in one bar – wait…what? Is the snickers bar wrapper somehow re-sealable for me to eat 1/3 of it then put it back? No. no it isn’t – but hey – thanks for manipulating the data – that’s pretty super (lies damn lies and statistics) – anyway

The new math:

1 Sinckers=3*170=510cal

4Miles=34 minutes of running

4 miles=725 cal

510/725=.7034 (rounded

4miles*.7034 =2.8136 miles

34Minutes*.7034= 23.9156 minutes

1 Snickers=2.8136 miles =23.9156 minutes

Eeh. That sucks

3 comments:

amy said...

you have to be the biggest nerd i've ever met in real life. interesting though.

Marc said...

not a nerd. at all. i am a well qualified professional who does not play Dungeons and Dragons(anymore) and does not live in my mothers basement(anymore)

petecobb99 said...

um, actually i think you are a nerd...but that's ok, 'cause you're the good kind!